Printing with Autodesk Infrastructure MAP Server
Posted on April 18, 2017 by Synergis Product Support Manager, Darin Green
When building your AIMS project in Infrastructure Studio, we tend to forget key components for user interaction. The component we’re discussing in this article is related to Printing.
Out of the box, there’s a default Print component added to every layout. However, it appears to be non-user friendly by producing incorrect print window, scaling and area of coverage. Some may call this a print issue with AIMS…
Now we’re going to walk through 2 possible workflows for getting the desired results:
This workaround uses the Print component with changes made on the server side:
- On the AIMS Server, browse to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Web Server Extension 2017\www\fusion\widgets\Print
- Open printablepage.templ with Notepad or Notepad++, then
- Scroll down to line 32. The values here set the Width & Height of the printed output ( Default is Width=480 and Height=825 )
- These values are in px. If needed, use this free website converter as needed.
- Type the new values in for width & height, then save the file.
- Go back into Studio and preview the results. Should match the values you specified.
The second option lets you mimic a typical print workflow with producing better output results:
- Within Autodesk Infrastructure Studio, navigate to you Web Layout
- Under the Configure components of the selected template section, navigate to the Toolbar (Primary) tab
- In the left most pane, Click the Add button, then select Add Item…
- Within the Select a Component dialog, scroll down the list and select QuickPlot
- Click OK
- Save or Preview and use the QuickPlot button along the Primary Toolbar
- You’ll now have an option to select Page Size, Orientation, Scaling as well as Move the printable area to a location of your liking…
To add additional page sizes to the list, do the following:
- On the AIMS Server, browse to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Web Server Extension 2017\www\fusion\widgets\QuickPlot
- Open QuickPlotPanel.templ with Notepad or Notepad++, then
- Scroll down to PaperList ID (See image below).
- You can add a new page size by copy & paste of an existing option, then changing the Value and output text.
- Example: The Value is height,width,name ( i.e. 0,432.0,11×17 ) and after the first > is the display name which can be anything you want…
- Optional: You can also scroll down to ScalingList ID section to add/remove Scales in the same way as page sizes…
- Save the file and preview the changes
- The output is now a PDF…