AutoCAD 2016 Performance Issue
Posted on May 26, 2016 by Synergis Product Support Manager, Darin Green
After upgrading your AutoCAD application from 2015 or earlier to 2016, you may notice a performance hit during the launch of the AutoCAD application. This is a known issue and Autodesk published a hotfix to resolve the issue.
The following issues are addressed by this hotfix:
- May crash when panning transparently in multiple viewports.
- Performance problem opening files containing specific objects in AutoCAD 2016 may appear as if files cannot be opened.
- Use of the LISP (command) function within the (mapcar) function results in VVC Internal Error.
- Grip stretch doesn’t work properly when DYNMODE equals value other than 2 or 3.
- acedCallBackOnCancel is not detected for Lispcallable Functions.
- Certain VBA Macros throw an execution error.
- DWG file fails to insert into another DWG file.
- May crash when Copy/Paste a block by Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V.
- May crash when opening AutoCAD in Windows 10.
- exe launched when running OPTIONS command.
- Annotations in Architectural Units format are changing to Decimal format.
Use the following link for more information on this hotfix: