Autodesk Inventor 2016 R3 Now Available
Inventor 2016 made its debut in April 2016, Inventor 2016 R2 was announced in early November, and on December 2nd Autodesk introduced Inventor 2016 R3.
In this latest update Autodesk has introduced Inventor Connected Design on A360 and the ability for Inventor users to export data in the Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) file format for the use in building design applications.
Inventor Connected Design now gives users the ability to:
- Review a 3D design on virtually any device, regardless of whether or not they have access to Inventor
- Easily share designs-in-progress without requiring commitment to changes or impact data management
- Quickly share data compared to 2D screen shots and email
- Use lightweight 3D viewables that allow you to easily control which parts are shared and excluded
- Automatically manage and track comments from collaborators, and view a central record of the time and data for each Design Share
With the Industry Foundation Classes Inventor users now have the option to export this file format to facilitate the delivery of 3D mechanical designs for building and construction applications. IFC is an open standard for exchanging model information among manufacturing, architecture, engineering, and construction industries.
Learn more and download your update today.
Join us for a webcast on What’s New in Inventor
Date: Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Time: 11:00 am to 12:00 pm EST
*These updates are available to all Autodesk Inventor users on a current Autodesk Subscription. You must have installed Inventor 2016 R2 to be able to install Inventor 2016 R3.