Autodesk 2016 Product – Network License Check List
Posted on April 21, 2015 by Mark Lancaster, Synergis Product Support Specialist:
With the release of the Autodesk 2016 product line, many of you are now accessing your Autodesk account (or the Autodesk Virtual Agent) and downloading your software for installations (and/or deployments). For those individuals that have already done this or in the planning phase of doing so, please make sure to do the following if you have a network license:
Prior to your installation or the creation of your deployment:
Retrieve your Autodesk License Manager server name and its MAC (physical) address.
Request a new network license file through your Synergis Account Manager or contact Autodesk directly:
- Synergis Contract Manager: 800-836-5440
- Autodesk: Email Autodesk at https://registeronce.autodesk.com or contact by phone: (800) 551-1490
Update your license manager to the latest version (v184.108.40.206): Go here for more information.
- If you currently have version 11.12, Autodesk states the 2016 license will function under this version but it’s still recommended to upgrade to version 220.127.116.11.
When requested to enter your product information for the installation, please make sure to select “Network” as the license type and enter the product’s serial number/key you were provided with.
- Also select the network license server type (in most cases it will be a Single License Server) and include the name of the server where the license manager resides.
Once you receive your new license, apply the license to your Autodesk License Manager.
- It is recommended that you maintain your existing license until you confirm the new one is performing correctly.
Hope this checklist helps you stay ahead and provides you with a smooth transition into the new release. Any questions regarding this article please contact us.
Until next time…
Mark Lancaster is a Product Support Specialist on our Helpdesk team working to support customers to create data-rich designs and efficient workflows. Mark’s most previous experience is as the CAD Design Manager of Pall Corporation, one of our long time customers. In that position, he was responsible for workstation optimization and design management, established uniform standards for the local and global offices, and developed global systems to control and manage their design data.