Regaining America’s infrastructure Leadership: A Six-Point Plan
Autodesk and CG/LA infrastructure brought together infrastructure experts from 45 leading companies in the US Infrastructure industry to discuss how to work better with local governments, financial organizations and academic institutions to improve infrastructure leadership.
The current US Infrastructure rating of D+, as graded by the American Society of Civil Engineers, is the result of poor conditions, with much of our infrastructure at the end of its expected life. In fact today, our traffic congestion is considerably worse than most Europeans, creating a loss of worker productivity and a road fatality rate 60% higher than average across the world.
What can we do?
- Make infrastructure a presidential and cabinet level priority.
- Form US infrastructure regions.
- Establish a national infrastructure bank.
- Sell ‘opportunity’ bonds.
- Create a national infrastructure index.
- Engage the American people.