CADmep: Extend Design Intent to Create Accurate, Intelligent, Constructable Models
Autodesk® Fabrication CADmep™ 2015 software* supports the detailing, fabrication, and installation workflows of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) contractors by providing tools that extend design-intent to create more accurate, intelligent, constructable models of building services systems.
With CADmep you can:
Support the extension of design-intent to detailing:
- Help drive the benefits of Building Information Modeling (BIM) downstream through the use of tools that extend design-intent models from Autodesk®Revit® 2015 software** and Autodesk® Revit® MEP 2015 software into Autodesk Fabrication CADmep 2015 software to create more constructable, real-world models.
- More seamlessly create constructable, real-world models in Autodesk Fabrication CADmep 2015 software using tools that extend and translate designs from Autodesk AutoCAD® MEP 2015 software.
- Work on design-intent underlays (DWG™, DWF™, PDF, etc.) to more quickly develop MEP designs through to fully constructable models using design line drawing technology.
Connect detailing to fabrication:
- Benefit from the use of real-world, manufacturer-specific content libraries to create more accurate constructable models that are ready for fabrication and installation.
- Detail and fabricate based on user-defined project specifications, minimizing time spent on data modification and promoting overall efficiency.
- Drive increased fabrication efficiency through the production of spool sheets/drawings to support the prefabrication and modularization of MEP systems.
More seamlessly integrate:
- Share models with Autodesk® Fabrication ESTmep™ 2015 software to produce more accurate estimates and cost analysis (based on material, wastage, labor, fabrication, installation, and other costs), value engineering, and variation-tracking documentation to help monitor bottom-line projections throughout detailing, fabrication, and installation.
- More seamlessly collaborate and help reduce data loss during the ductwork manufacturing process by delivering details that help drive component manufacturing directly within Autodesk® Fabrication CAMduct™ 2015 software.
- Support more intelligent installation processes by integrating with Autodesk® Point Layout 2015 software, Autodesk® BIM 360™ Glue® software, and Autodesk® BIM 360™ Field software.
See how Southland Industries uses Autodesk Fabrication including CADmep to collaborate on innovative products to decrease design time and construction in this short video: