What Do You Want to Know? Synergis University Offers Industry Tracks
Synergis University 2014 is now less than a month away! There are 40 sessions to choose from, so to make it easy for you, we have created industry tracks to help you find the information to keep you ahead in your industry.
When manufacturing products innovation and timing is everything. Getting your products to market before your competitors is important. Getting products that are predictable and profitable is necessary. Have you ever asked yourself:
- How do you get to market faster while providing high-quality products?
- How do you test your designs and how much does it cost your profits?
- Are there bottlenecks in your design process or manufacturing line?
- What tools do I already have that I am not maximizing to help me design and sell my products?
Whether you are a user or a manager, this track offers sessions that will help
you work more efficiently and help you stay ahead. Learn more on our Manufacturing: Digital Prototyping Track page.
Some sessions that are offered in this track include:
- Designing with Confidence: Best Practices for Applying Simulation – John Twerdok
- Autodesk 360 Cloud Services for Manufacturers – Sam Antos
- Quote-to-Design Automation – What are the best tools? – Daryl Price
- PLM: “What’s it all about?” – Jamie Scherer
- Engineering on My Tablet – Jim Swain
Building Design and Construction:
Building design is not as simple as it used to be. Building Information Modeling (BIM) is a term used often to describe a process, but what does that really mean? Join us at Synergis University 2014 to hear customers that are utilizing BIM in everyday workflows and how and why they incorporated BIM to inspire collaboration earlier in the design process and win more business.
Learn how the latest technologies, techniques and strategies can help you to deliver successful projects from your peers, Autodesk experts, and the entire Synergis team. Topics include how to:
- More effectively improve communication with stakeholders
- Streamline workflows
- Expand toolsets and benefit from a more consistent user experience
- Access cloud services through Autodesk® Subscription
- Implement more BIM into your workflow
- Manage your documents and data
- Promote greater control and efficiency
Some of the sessions in the Building and Construction BIM Track include:
- Overview of BIM for Construction – Bill Knittle
- The New Synergis Home: Collaboration, Adaptive Reuse, and BIM – Drew Lavine
- Scheduling & Collaborating in Navisworks – Bill Knittle
- Technology Implementation Road Map in a Regional Construction Firm – Chris Magent, PhD,Josh Progar, MAE
- The Peer to Peer CAD/BIM Manager – Robert Green
Infrastructure and Civil Design:
Complexity has grown in the infrastructure industry amidst increasing project sizes and the need to stay competitive and profitable. Learn how to overcome this complexity and make more informed decisions about your civil infrastructure software in the face of transformation. Extend your access with the latest technologies, techniques and strategies to help you deliver successful infrastructure projects, including how to:
- Improve communication with stakeholders
- Minimize rework and help increase profitability
- Enhance the detail and accuracy of project designs
- More effectively identify and resolve issues virtually before breaking ground
- Stay competitive and more productive
Some of the sessions in the Infrastructure BIM Track include:
- Win More Infrastructure Design Work with Rapid 3D Modeling and Visualization – Ryan Vecci
- Civil 3D Parking Lot Grading Made Easy – Robert Beam
- BIM for Infrastructure: Site and Campus Planning – Ryan Vecci
- 10 Data Management Challenges You Can Solve in 3 Weeks – Scott Lamond, Chris Fabri
- ReCap – Bill McKown