Helpdesk: Autodesk 2015 Product – Network License Check List
Posted for Helpdesk Customers on May 5, 2014 by Mark Lancaster, Product Support Specialist:
With the release of the Autodesk 2015 product line, many of you are now accessing your subscription center (or the Autodesk Virtual Agent) and downloading your software for installations (and/or deployments). For those individuals that have already done this or in the planning phase of doing so, please make sure to do the following if you have a network license:
1. Prior to your installation or the creation of your deployment:
- Retrieve your Autodesk License Manager server name and its MAC (physical) address.
- Request a new network license file through your Synergis Account Manager or contact Autodesk directly:
- Synergis Contract Manager: 800-836-5440
- Autodesk: Email Autodesk at https://registeronce.autodesk.comor contact by phone: (800) 551-1490
- Make sure to include your server name and MAC address as part of your request
- Update your Autodesk License Manager to the latest version (v126.96.36.199) http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Latest-version-of-the-Autodesk-Network-License-Manager.html. In the past this was a recommendation, however with the release of the 2015 product and any future releases, updating your license manager is now mandatory.
2. When requested to enter your product information for the installation, please make sure to select “Network” as the license type and enter the product’s serial number/key you were provided with.
Also select the network license server type (in most cases it will be a Single License Server) and include the name of the server where the license manager resides.
3. Once you receive your new license, apply the license to your Autodesk License Manager.
- It is recommended that you maintain your existing license until you confirm the new one is performing correctly.
Hope this checklist helps you stay ahead and provides you with a smooth transition into the new release. Any questions regarding this article please contact us.
Any questions regarding this information, please feel free to contact us.
Mark Lancaster is the newest member to our Synergis technical team, having just joined us back in August. His most previous experience is as the CAD Design Manager of Pall Corporation, one of our long time customers. In that position, he was responsible for workstation optimization and design management, established uniform standards for the local and global offices, and developed global systems to control and manage their design data.
Have a question for Mark or any of our technical staff? Contact us and we will get back to you quickly.