What’s New in Autodesk Inventor 2015?
Autodesk® Inventor® software, part of the Autodesk solution for Digital Prototyping, takes manufacturers beyond 3D to Digital Prototyping by giving engineers a comprehensive and flexible set of tools for 3D mechanical design, simulation, tooling, visualization, and documentation. With Inventor software, engineers can integrate 2D Autodesk® AutoCAD® drawings and 3D data into a single digital model, creating a virtual representation of the final product that enables them to validate the form, fit, and function of the product before it is ever built. Digital Prototyping with Inventor software enables you to design, visualize, and simulate products digitally, helping you to build better products, reduce development costs, and get to market faster.
The 2015 Inventor solutions are focused on exceptional modeling, home and learning, and overall workflow enhancements.
Exception Modeling Enhancements:
- Easily and quickly model organic shapes
- Integrate seamlessly with parametric models
- Easily manipulate native or imported geometry
- Parametrically move, size, rotate, and delete imported solid models or native Inventor files
Sketch Constraint Enhancements
- Relax Mode allows for easy creation and manipulation of constraints
- Enhanced Offset algorithm
Home and Learning Experience Enhancements
- Customize in-product communication so you get as many notifications as you want
- New tutorials and training
- Track your learning
- Contextual help and global search
Overall Workflow Enhancements
- Large assembly design updated
- Better interoperability with online tools like Mock-Up 360. Learn more about Mock-Up 360 here.
Autodesk Subscription Value
Autodesk is increasing the value of the Subscription by offering three types of offerings: Desktop Subscription, Maintenance Subscription, and Cloud Services Subscription. Read more about the changes in Autodesk Subscription in our post, “What’s New in Autodesk Subscription 2015?”